Monday, February 18, 2008

Time For Another Green Smoothie Challenge

Seen one, seen them all, right? How green is my smoothie?

This one is chock full of spinach and parsley blended with two whole navel oranges without peel or pith, and two bananas, one of which was frozen.

The Divas, Amy and Tera, are hosting another Green Smoothie Queen Challenge. This little three-day exercise is a great way to become familiar with green smoothies while giving the old digestive system a little rest from all the hard work we put it through as we indulge plate by plate; meal by meal.

On the whole, folks I speak with and the majority of my blog readers are whole food eaters, many vegetarians, some vegans, but very few have dipped into the raw food lifestyle. Adding a green smoothie or two into the daily meal plan is an easy and pleasant way to incorporate living foods into our diet.

I switched to a fruit smoothie for breakfast about a year ago, eliminating all those popular, standard American diet breakfast foods: bacon and eggs, pancakes, waffles, cold cereal with fruit and milk, etc.


I started adding hands full of fresh greens to my smoothies last July after I participated in The Raw Divas 7-Day Raw Food Detox. And I've never looked back. Starting the day with a tall glass of living foods is not only delicious, but gives me a big jump start each day, filled with energy ready to take on the world.



Go wild and drink a big green smoothie three times a day for the next three days! Or be a little more conservative in your trial, add one for breakfast and one for lunch with a big salad for dinner.

At least try one as a standard breakfast replacement. All you need is a blender and some fresh produce. The combinations are endless. Start with a simple combo of juice, banana, frozen fruit and a big handful of greens. Spinach, kale, chard, romaine, all work well and are yummy.
Take the challenge!

3 comments:

Mary Laredo said...

I stumbled across your blog a couple of months ago when you were beginning your 3-day green smoothie challenge. Always interested in raw recipes I read yours with interest. I just decided to have another look to see what you've been up to & I see it's time for another challenge. Coincidentally, it's time for my 3-day seasonal fast. Since it's been so cold here in Michigan I thought of shortening my fast, or eliminating it completely. Instead, I will join you in your 3-day challenge of green smoothies. I look forward to it & thank you for the inspiration! - Mary Laredo
www.marylaredo.blogspot.com

Keely said...

Hey Diva Joyce!

I'm signed up for the Green Smoothie Queen 3-Day Challenge, too! Did you know that there is also a special place for us to hang out in The Powder Room? If you need some inspiration, stop on by!!! [grin]

bobbiegailh said...

ok Joyce, you've convinced me. Since I need to shed a few pounds before a 14 day transatlantic cruise, I'm going to shop for and then diligently adhere to a 3 day green smoothie challenge. I'll start on Monday, I promise! bobbie